Don’t Get Caught In The Crossfire

The Duqu virus is squarely aimed at Iran’s nuclear program. Unless you’re connected with Iran’s nuclear program, your chances of being directly targeted are extremely low. However, Microsoft was freaked out enough to issue a security bulletin for Windows users. So, better safe than sorry, protect yourself against the possibility of becoming collateral damage in an epic, upcoming attack.

Microsoft issues Duqu virus workaround for Windows

Microsoft has issued a temporary fix to the pernicious Duqu virus — also known as “Son of Stuxnet” — which could affect users of Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 as well as Windows Server 2008.

The company promised the security update earlier this week as it races to deal with the virus, which targets victims via email with a Microsoft Word attachment. The virus is not in the email, but in the attachment itself. A Symantec researcher said if a user opens the Word document, the attacker could take control of the PC, and nose around in an organization’s network to look for data, and the virus could propagate itself.

See also:
Microsoft Security Advisory (2639658)
Microsoft software bug linked to ‘Duqu’ virus
Microsoft Provides Workaround Patch for Duqu Malware
Microsoft announces workaround for the Duqu exploit
Microsoft Issues Temporary Duqu Workaround, Plans 4 Patch Tuesday Fixes
Six Ways to Protect Yourself from Duqu
Microsoft Airs Temporary Fix to Defeat Duqu Worm
Microsoft Releases Temporary Plug For Duqu
Duqu exploits same Windows font engine patched last month, Microsoft confirms
5 Things To Do To Defend Against Duqu
Microsoft issues temporary ‘fix-it’ for Duqu zero-day
Patch Tuesday: Fix for ‘Duqu’ zero-day not likely this month

Is it just me or doesn’t it seem a bit more than odd that Microsoft, a company with close ties to and a past history of working with U.S. intelligence agencies, would publicly issue a workaround to defend against a specific piece of malware that, by many accounts, is being actively and currently used by U.S. intelligence agencies to set up and facilitate an upcoming attack, in cyberspace or otherwise, against Iran’s nuclear program? I mean, it’s not like the Iranians can’t read English, why help them defend against Duqu? Hmmm, something’s not quite right here.

/whatever’s going on, and something is going on, it’s way above my pay grade, but when the endgame comes, don’t forget to duck

Advertisements

Two Less Al Qaeda In My Neck Of The Woods

Unfortunately, this is just the tip of the iceberg. For several years now, U.S. Somali citizens have been recruited in Minnesota and have traveled to Somalia to train and fight with al Qaeda. The big problem with that is, as U.S. citizens, there’s nothing stopping these newly minted terrorists from bringing their al Qaeda training back home and carrying out terrorist attacks here, in Minnesota or elsewhere in the country. They certainly have a strong, established support base here, a close knit Somali community that isn’t particularly loyal to the United States and what it stands for.

2 Minnesota Women Convicted of Funneling Money to Terror Group in Somalia

Two Minnesota women who claimed they were helping the poor in Somalia were convicted Thursday of conspiring to funnel money to a terrorist group as part of what prosecutors called a “deadly pipeline” sending funds and fighters to al-Shabab.

After the verdicts, one of the women, Amina Farah Ali, told the judge through an interpreter that she was happy because she was “going to heaven no matter what,” and condemned those in authority, saying: “You will go to hell.” She was ordered into custody pending her sentencing.

Ali, 35, and Hawo Mohamed Hassan, 64, were each charged with conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization. Ali also faced 12 counts of providing such support, for allegedly sending more than $8,600 to al-Shabab from September 2008 through July 2009, while Hassan faced two counts of lying to the FBI.

Both were found guilty on all counts. The terrorism-related counts each carry up to 15 years in prison, while lying to the FBI carries up to eight years. No sentencing date was set, and prosecutors said it was too early to predict what sentence they’d recommend.

See also:
Rochester women guilty of aiding Somali terror group
Jury convicts 2 Minn. women in terror case
Rochester women guilty on all 16 counts in terror-funding case
Jury Finds Rochester Women Guilty of Aiding Terrorism
Two Minnesota women convicted of aiding terrorists by ‘funnelling money to Somali terror group al-Shabab’
Two US women guilty of funding Somali terror
2 Minn. women guilty of aiding Somalian terror group
Two women found guilty of aiding terrorism
Minnesota women convicted of helping fund Somali group
Jury convicts 2 women in Somalia terror case
Terror suspect resists the rules of court and jail

Over the centuries, Minnesota has been a veritable melting pot for a plethora of immigrant groups, Germans, Hmong, Latinos, Norwegians, Swedes, you name it. Yet only the Somalis are actively involved in terrorism, why might that be, what sets the Somalis apart from all the other immigrant groups that have settled in Minnesota throughout history?

/of course the answer is easy and hardly surprising, where Islam goes, trouble follows

A Terrorist Trifecta

Mr. Predator and Mr. Hellfire team up to force the two vehicle al Qaeda drive to go three and out.

Most Successful Drone Strike Ever: Were Three Al Qaeda Leaders Killed?

The CIA drone strike that killed Al Qaeda leader Anwar al-Awlaki and chief propagandist Samir Khan may also have taken out the terror organization’s top bombmaker.

Reports say that Ibrahim al-Asiri, who is believed to have constructed both the “underwear” bomb used in the attempted bombing of Northwest flight 253 and the bombs in last year’s parcel bomb plot, may have been with Awlaki and Khan when missiles from a U.S. drone struck their vehicle in Yemen Friday.

See also:
U.S. –born ‘Terrorist No. 1’ Anwar al Awlaki killed in Yemen in major blow to Al Qaeda
Anwar al-Awlaki, al-Qaida cleric and top US target, killed in Yemen
Al-Qaeda terror chief Anwar al-Awlaki killed in Yemen
Al Qaeda’s Anwar al-Awlaki Killed in CIA Drone Strike
American Jihadi Samir Khan Killed With Awlaki
A ‘proud traitor’: Samir Khan reported dead alongside Aulaqi
25-year-old American is killed with mentor Anwar al-Aulaqi in drone strike
Samir Khan named as second US citizen to die in drone strike
Top al Qaeda bombmaker dead in drone strike
Al-Awlaki drone ‘killed bomb-maker’
AQAP bomb maker Asiri thought killed in Yemen Predator strike
U.S. Drone Strike on al-Awlaki Likely Kills al-Qaeda Bomb-maker in Yemen
Anwar al-Awlaki
Samir Khan
Ibrahim al-Asiri

Unfortunately, al-Awlaki and Khan nave already published and recorded more than enough internet material to posthumously radicalize Muslims from here to eternity. Killing them was a good thing, but the damage is already done and their deaths won’t make the recruitment problem go away.

/on the other hand, al-Asiri, the bombmaker, is going to be hard for al Qaeda to replace, he was good, especially at designing nonmetallic explosive devices

Sure, Why Not, What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

What the [expletive deleted] is Obama doing?

U.S. open to a role for Islamists in new Egypt government

The Obama administration said for the first time that it supports a role for groups such as the Muslim Brotherhood, a banned Islamist organization, in a reformed Egyptian government.

The organization must reject violence and recognize democratic goals if the U.S. is to be comfortable with it taking part in the government, the White House said. But by even setting conditions for the involvement of such nonsecular groups, the administration took a surprise step in the midst of the crisis that has enveloped Egypt for the last week.

Seriously, Obama thinks the Muslim Brotherhood is going to reject violence and recognize democratic goals, really? Has the Obama or any of his clown posse ever heard of taqiyya?

Muslim Brotherhood: ‘Prepare Egyptians for war with Israel’

A leading member of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt told the Arabic-language Iranian news network Al-Alam on Monday that he would like to see the Egyptian people prepare for war against Israel, according to the Hebrew-language business newspaper Calcalist.

Muhammad Ghannem reportedly told Al- Alam that the Suez Canal should be closed immediately, and that the flow of gas from Egypt to Israel should cease “in order to bring about the downfall of the Mubarak regime.” He added that “the people should be prepared for war against Israel,” saying the world should understand that “the Egyptian people are prepared for anything to get rid of this regime.”

Now does that sound like the Muslim Brotherhood is going to reject violence and recognize democratic goals to you? Just how naive or stupid or both is the Obama administration? Unreal!

See also:
The Muslim Brotherhood may gain power in Egypt by default
Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood eyes unity gov’t without Mubarak
Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood mutes its religious message for protests
Muslim Brotherhood supports protests
The Muslim Brotherhood on the March
Muslim Brotherhood Plays Key Role In Egypt Unrest
Editorial: Terror In Waiting
Just What Is The Muslim Brotherhood?
Profile: Mohammed Badie, leader of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood
The Muslim Brotherhood Official English Website
Muslim Brotherhood

So, let me get this straight, Obama has no problem with a banned terrorist group, parent organization of al Qaeda, Hamas, Islamic Jihad, etc., an enemy sworn to wipe Israel off the map and overthrow the United States, coming to power in Egypt?

Obama will go down in history as the president who lost Egypt, not to mention the rest of the Middle East and who knows what else.

/all I can say is God help us all and deliver us from these Obama morons

Shaking Down Mayor McCheese

This lawsuit is exactly why the U.S. legal system needs to adopt the “loser pays” model for civil litigation. Ridiculous grifter [expletive deleted] like this would dissapear overnight.

McDonald’s sued over Happy Meals

Happy Meals are again under attack, this time in court.

The Center for Science in the Public Interest has filed a lawsuit against McDonald’s Corp., claiming that the company’s meals with toys unfairly entice children into eating food that can do them harm.

The Washington advocacy group warned McDonald’s in June that it would sue if the company did not stop providing toys with children’s meals that have high amounts of sugar, calories, fat and salt. The suit, filed in San Francisco Superior Court, seeks class-action status.

. . .

The lead plaintiff in the suit is Monica Parham, a mother of two from Sacramento who said the company “uses toys as bait to induce her kids to clamor to go to McDonald’s,” the organization said.

See also:
Happy Meal suit raises more than food, marketing questions
Suit claims toys in McDonald’s Happy Meals deceptive advertising
California mom sues McDonald’s over Happy Meals
McDonald’s `Happy Meal’ Toys Assailed in Lawsuit Filed by Consumer Group
Mom and Consumer Group Sue McDonald’s For Luring Kids with Happy Meal Toys
McDonald’s hit with class action over toys
Parents Or Judges: Who Should Rule On Happy Meals?
McDonald’s suit over Happy Meal toys by California mom Monet Parham new low in responsible parenting
Sac Mom At Center Of Happy Meal Lawsuit
Ronald McDonald in court
Center For Science In The Public Interest
McDonald’s

I know one thing for damn sure, if Monica Parham and the Center for Science in the Public Interest knew they’d have to pay McDonald’s attorneys’ fees when they lose this frivolous hamburglary extortion attempt, there’s no way in hell they’d bring this bull[expletive deleted] anywhere near a courthouse.

/and if Ms. Parham is such an unbelievably pathetic parent that she can’t even say no to her children, well, then maybe a visit from social services is in order